Xbox Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Games Forum

Check out the latest news in the best of the Xbox games. Including Halo, Gears of War, and many more.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo Cover Art Contest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AvidWriter117
Admin
Admin
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Halo Cover Art Contest Empty
PostSubject: Halo Cover Art Contest   Halo Cover Art Contest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:10 am

Halo: The Rise of the Covenant Cover contest

Basis: Create a work of art to be judged. It should include a front cover and back cover. The winner will be used as the cover for my book. I apologize, there is no real reward except the pride of winning; Unless i end up gettin gmy book published, for then I would pay you as my illustrator.

The winner of this contest gets the AvidWriter117 Artist award!!!
(I know, Everyones amazed, arent they?)

Rules:
*All works of art must be sent to me (Jacob Grodman a.k.a AvidWriter) by May 10, 2007. Entries after that date will not be valid unless I change said date. (Deadline is subject to change. Take your time)
*Entries may be drawn(painted, colored, using Paint on comp. etc.) or created using a photo editor. ie: taking a picture from the internet and putting it on another background. If there is another method which you would like to use, email me and we will discuss it.
*Entries should not include Humans. If they do, serious points will be docked off of said entry. Although there are humans in the book, near the end, they play a small role compared to other species. if you wish to add humans into your picture, email me and we will discuss it.
*Multiple entries may be sent in per person;but there is a limit of 4 entries.
*If you wish, you may include either a front or back cover, but this will seriously dock of points.

4 main judging categories:
-Art skill: 60 points
-Art theme: 10 points
-Relevance to story outline(see thread titled- "Halo: the Rise of the Covenant" for plot details): 20 points
-Appearance as a book cover (how good the art would look on the cover of a book)-10 points
Whoever has the most points out of 100, wins

At the Top of the picture, in Halo writing, should be the words 'Halo: The Rise of the Covenant'
exactly like that!
beneath, near the bottom in any font, should be the words: 'By Jacob Grodman'

Items/species allowed in picture:
-All Covenant species
-All Covenant items. ie: weapons, vehicles, etc.
-All Heretic species/items
-All Flood forms
-Halo rings
-All settings described in books/games
-Humans & human weapons (not recommended)

Here are easy to use templates to create a Cover masterPiece.

Xbox cover.
Halo Cover Art Contest Blackcovershowts9
HIgh resolution version:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img410/8756/360coverlv9.jpg

Xbox 360 cover
Halo Cover Art Contest Whitecovershowmp3
High resolution version:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img231/2333/xboxcoverblackji9.jpg

Entries should be sent to: AvidWriter117@yahoo.com
Please post a reply on this thread to verify all your entries!

If I have forgotten any rules, please notify me. Smile
Good Luck!!!

This contest is in companionship with HaloWars-Strategy forum. Entries on this forum will be posted on that forum as well, and Viseversa

Those Forummers who have seen this contest before(*Cough*Rot*cough*), need not complain. This was redone due to the suggestions by people on the HaloWars-Strategy forum.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxgames.heavenforum.com

Halo Cover Art Contest
Page 1 of 1