Xbox Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Games Forum

Check out the latest news in the best of the Xbox games. Including Halo, Gears of War, and many more.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo: The Aftermath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male
Number of posts : 199
Localisation : On Covenant Capitol Ship Glorious Victory en route to The Ark
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Halo: The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Well ive finally got them copied so im gonna put what i have so far of my book here. i should probably wait in between posting chapters but so far i think everybody's alrdy seen it. no suspense needed. ill post the prologe than Chapter I all the way to Chapter III

Prologue

It is 50 years after End of the Human-Covenant War and the battle of Earth. The Ark was activated and many Covenant, elites and brutes alike, were killed, not to mention many other humans. Many civilians retreated to some of the few shield worlds along with many others of the allied Covenant forces. The Arbiter, and the few other higher council and superior class elites and officers took refuge in the Ark where they were shielded from its blast.
After three months, a small amount of Refugees came out of hiding to find Earth barren and lifeless.
Unfortunately in the war most of Earth was destroyed.
Only a small portion of the land was Humane; all else was toxic and lethal.
The humans decided to move their home world to a planet called Victorious Exultation named after the
Covenant. This planet was one of the few shield-worlds the humans stayed on. The humans stayed on this world and moved out to different worlds lead by Major Avery Johnson, Vice Admiral Miranda Keyes and Admiral Lewis Peterson. After the war the remaining prophets, brutes, drones, and jackals were exiled to different containment centers on different planets. These covenant warriors were forever called The Exiled. The Day belonged to the Elites. Now accompanied by the Grunts and Hunters.

edit: ok nvm im gonna only post Chapter I because i need someones feed back because if i post 4 times thats spammin so ill wiat till someone writes something lol Smile

Section I: The Uprising

Chapter I: The Prophet of Righteousness

The two drop ships zipped through the atmosphere of Containment Center 0013 dodging flying chunks of conspicuous flying objects.

The drop ships landed serenely on the crudely made drop pad near the Containments centers main detention facility.

“I have some more prisoners for you,” the elite muttered, “eight brutes, 4 jackals, and one so called Prophet of Righteousness”

“ Huh Righteousness ay, splendid!” the elite prison guard said sarcastically.

The prison guard roughly drew the chained brutes from the drop ships.

“ I will not stand it,” the Prophet of Righteousness said, “This…this…is heresy,”

“Shut up prophet you are the ones that have led us to a doomed existence,” The prison guard replied.

The guard led them through the automatic sliding doors. The guard instantly growled. The overwhelming scent of brute and these jackals was just too much.

He pressed a series of numbers into a keypad next to a blue florescent shield like door. The door instantly vanished and he shoved the prisoners inside. He pushed a button and the door instantly came back to life.

The guard instantly retreated to his post by the corner of the examination room.

The good thing about this part was that it was quite dark in the corners so it was possible that he could close his eyes and sleep and no one would notice. He tried to keep watch but he couldn’t. His eyelids started to slowly sink. He became sleepier and sleepier. It seemed that he had only slept for at least 5 minutes when all of a sudden there was a growl

“Carree what do you think your doing.”
“Don’t you think I haven’t seen you napping all the time” the other elite guard said.
“This apathy has gone far enough, prepare yourself,” he said angrily. He whipped out his stun baton putting it on neutral.

“I will gladly fight you Rohammee” Carree replied whipping out his baton and doing the same thing.

They slowly circled around each other. The tension grew and grew upon itself until all of a sudden Rohammee lunged at Carree. Carree skillfully sidestepped him and brought his baton hard down on
Rohammee’s left calf.

Instantaneously Rohammee fell to the ground howling in pain. Carree went over to him thinking it was over, but Rohammee surprisingly got up and used an uppercut with his baton. It landed squarely right under Carree’s mandibles. Dazed Carree teetered back and hit the wall.

Rohammee rounded on him and quickly dealt a vicious back slap to his face.

Carree couldn’t think straight his head was swimming.
Rohammee raised his baton and at that instant Carree’s vision refocused. He quickly thrust up towards Rohammee’s chest. Knocking the air out of him and making him tumble backwards.

He dealt three more quick blows; two to the chest and one to his right shoulder.
As Rohammee fell to the ground Carree turned his baton to stun and brought it down upon Rohammee’s head.
There was a solid thunk and Rohammee collapsed unmoving to the ground.

Exhausted Carree went back to his post and asked a watching grunt to take Rohammee to the medical bay

“It has been along time my brothers,” Righteousness said, “We should rise up and free our other brethren in their camps,” he said again.

“It’s no use we cannot fight the elites they have all the weapons” a brute replied.

“You do not need weapons, you are brutes”
Righteousness said, “You are much stronger than any elite.” “You must not succumb to this, remember you were the once brave and noble brutes!”

“Hmm not anymore” a brute replied.

“Stop it, I say stop your complaining and remember what you are, brutes!” Righteousness said viscously

“But there is n-"

"Yes there is a way,” Righteousness said interrupting the brute, "Remember your battles, remember everything
Remember how you slaughtered the humans and the elites, remember! Remember this and your heart will become strong and we not the elites will purge the path into the Great Beyond,”

“You’re right, yes we are the mighty brutes,” a brute yelled. We did slaughter the humans and the elites.

I Caucascus swear to thee, o' Prophet of
Righteousness, that I will support you in the campaign against the humans and elites.”

“ Yes we will too” murmured some other brutes.

More brutes started yelling stronger and stronger, “We will aid in the rebellion!”

Righteousness and the brutes say in unison “ Because we are The Exiled!!!!!”

re-edit: since im not getting any feedback ill post chpater II and see what happens

Chapter II: Caucasus’s Plan

“ Come brothers, come and circle around me!” Caucascus said.

The brutes and jackals slowly got to their feet and lumbered over to where Caucascus and Righteousness was standing.

“ Listen my brethren I have a plan for getting out of this…dump” he said looking around the room, “The plan must take place when it is time to eat or it won’t work. The guards will come in and give us our food.”

“We will eat quietly till Righteousness says ‘ we will burn a path into the Great Beyond'. That is when we must spring!”
“We will bash in the guards’ skulls and run for the transport located at the Northeast corner,” he said slamming his fist on the table, which was quite hard to do since he was wearing shackles.

There was a loud cheer of approval from the jackals and brutes.

“ Lunch time!” said one of the guards growling.

All of the brutes and jackals seem to tense up. The little robotic dolly went back and forth bringing the trays to every brute and jackal in the room.

After the dollies had served all the food they left and the guards came in to keep watch; four minor elites (blue) and one major elite (red).

All of a sudden Righteousness shouted, “We will burn a path into the Great Beyond!”

Six brutes instantly jumped at the nearest guard bringing their 8-pound fists crashing down on the guard’s skull. The guard instantly crumpled to the ground.

There was bewilderment in the eyes of the guards for just the briefest of seconds before they refocused taking out their stun batons. Putting the batons to stun the elites lunged at the oncoming brutes and jackals.

Major Karamee whipped out his plasma pistol and fired accurate shots at the oncoming brute. The first three shots sizzled away some of the flesh on his chest, but the last bolt made a direct hit to his unprotected face. The brute roared and fell to the ground twitching once than dieing.

There were just to many of them Karamee thought. I need to call for reinforcements he thought. Backing away to a corner he sent a transmission over the concom (containment communications).

A couple seconds later a group of elites received the transmission and reported that they were on their way.

One by one the elites went down till there were only three left; two minors and Karamee.

‘Damn it’ thought Karamee ‘ why weren’t they here?’ As if on cue eight elites, six minors and two majors, came through the door guns blazing.

Along with the reinforcements the elites were able to stop the uproar and locked each brute and jackal in a cell.

The tattered and defeated brutes just obeyed and sat in their cells. Their fighting spirit had been extinguished once again.

“ Ha-ha look at those brutes!” a guard said,

“They seem to be getting worse and worse.”
The other guard laughed and walked off down the catwalk. The guard then came upon and interesting scene.

There were three minor grunts (yellow) playing one of the Covenant’s oldest games for the grunts “Suicide”.

The whole point of the game was for grunts to basically see how long they would last with out their breathers.

Also to make it harder they would have the grunts perform certain tasks with the breathers off and see if they finish it. It was fun if you won because you didn’t die.

Another version of this game was only for elites where they would go in this room and the oxygen would be sucked out just like in space. The elite would basically have to do the same thing the grunts would do, but of course harder.
Of course this game wasn’t played very much with the elites because they weren’t expendable.

The guard was walking up just as one of the grunts was saying, “ Now it’s your turn!”
The guard went and sat at the makeshift chair to watch the “festivities”.

The grunt being challenged had to carry six plasma pistols about ten meters away while only being able to carry two at a time.
The grunt was nervous, but he had no choice. He volunteered to play the game.
He picked up two pistols and one of the grunts quickly unlatched his breather

He was off!

Waddling as fast as he could the grunt carried the two pistols in about a total of twenty seconds.
That means at this rate it would take him a whole minute. Could he make it?

The grunt quickly picked up the next couple of pistols and waddled back. By the time he came back his skin was starting to turn a sickly purplish color. He carried the last pistols over there and ran as fast as he could back. He reached back just in time and quickly slapped his breather on his face.

He breathed long and hard for at least a good minute.
Trying to get all the methane he lost during the contest back in his body.

For a prize one of the grunts cave him a little piece of metal that was carved in the shape of one of their breathers.
The grunt proudly accepted it and the game was over.

It was a good evening for a ride thought one of the elite guards.

He walked over to one of his pals and said “ Hey you want to take ride in the banshees.”

“ Sure” replied his friend.

They walked to one of the docking areas and straddled themselves inside the banshee. Once ready they flew off into the remnants of what was left of the world that contained Containment Installation 0013.

Every lunch a group of brutes or jackals were allowed to take the elevator in their eating room to the top where they could walk around in the fresh air.

The elites had no worry about them escaping from there because the drop was a good 50-80 meters. Also the elevator only went up to the top floor or down to the eating room.
This time it was Caucasus’s turn along with about three other brutes.

They took the elevator and went to the top floor.
Once up there they wandered around and basically looked out at the scenery.

After about fifteen minutes the brutes became bored and they went back down stairs. Caucasus was the only one left up there.

He walked a little more and decided to lean against one of the poles facing the opposite of the original entry direction.

“ Lets stop there” one of the guards said over one of the private concom channels.

“ I agree,” replied the other elite.
The two elites touched down surprisingly on the roof Caucasus was on.

Really actually the only reason they landed there was because they hadn’t seen him since he was facing the other way and was behind a pole.

After they touched down they turned around with their backs facing Caucascus’s direction. He instantly came up with a plan.

“ Why don’t I go and knock them out, go tell everyone, and take the banshees” he said to himself, “Maybe just
Maybe I’ll be able to pull this off.”

He snuck quietly up behind one of the elites and using his shackled fists he bashed in the elites skull.

The other elite was surprised and tried to raise his baton, but before he got a chance Caucascus was already upon him. Caucascus kept raising his fist and bringing them down until he was certain he had killed him.

Satisfied that he was dead he grabbed one of the guards fallen plasma pistols and using his feet he fired a shot at the shackles on his wrist.

They easily melted and fell apart.
He grabbed the other two stun batons and raced to the elevator.

Once he got to the floor he told everybody the good news. The only bad news was that he could only take one brute right now, but he would come back for the others later.

One of the brutes volunteered and they raced back up to the elevator.

Once at the top Caucascus gave the brute one of the batons and they mounted the banshees.

They flipped the power on and the banshee came to life.

They checked the fuel and the other gauges and took off into the sunlit sky.

Now was the time to fight, now was the time to rebel!
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 pm

sry Avid but i need to post so someone can post so i dont post my chapter like 5 times. that would be spamming..... nad i cnat just keep edititing.... someone answer! LOL!
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Admin
Admin
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:14 pm

well, the people here are from forums that you have already been on. so they have already read it.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxgames.heavenforum.com
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:47 pm

ya i alrdy mentioned that but thanks for posting now i cna post chapter III, dont wanna spam......

Chapter III: Rebellions

The two banshees flew through the cool air heading to Containment Installation 0013 Sub-deck 0023.

“ There!” indicated the brute over the private concom channel.

The other banshee decelerated in reply and made a move to land on one of the launch pads

“ This is our plan my brother” Caucascus said.“ This sub-deck holds a Phantom Drop ship” he said

“ We’ll get off and search this sub-deck for the Phantom, and once we get it we will strap on one of the banshees to it, and you will pilot it back to the main detention facility (where Righteousness is and the other brutes are)” Caucascus continued.

The other brute grunted in agreement and they touched down on the drop pads.

They quietly climbed of the banshee and turned their batons to stun.

They walked through the automatic doors, which sprang to life with a whoosh!

They quickly flattened themselves against the wall, which is really hard considering they are huge hairy brutes.

Standing eight meters away was a guard walking; thank the prophets, away from them.

Caucascus quickly ran up behind him and brought his baton down on the guard’s head. There was a crack as the helmet broke and the elite fell to the ground.

Picking up the guards baton he smashed in a small hole in the wall where he stowed the baton. He would not forget to bring the weapons he collected back to everyone else.

They hurriedly ran down the corridor to another automatic door. Before they reached the door an elite stepped out. The elite took one look at the brutes and whipped out his baton.

The elite was to late Caucascus took out his plasma pistol and fired ten quick and accurate shots to the elite’s chest, neck, and face. The elite went down with out a fight.

Stowing the baton on the belt he picked up from the elite he continued on.

They went through the doors and as they rounded the corner they found what they were looking for.

There in a little hangar stood a Phantom. The only problem was that it was guarded by score of grunts (12).

The other brute took out his baton and Caucascus took out the pistol.

Taking careful aim he fired the pistol at the group of grunts.
Two grunts fell, sizzling holes littering their body. The other grunts quickly turned around and saw the brutes. They raised their pistols but the other brute was already upon them.

He caved in a grunt’s head with his left fist and crushed another grunts chest with his baton.

Shots were fired, but most of the shots missed making holes in the metal behind him.

Three more grunts fell, half of their faces grossly distorted due to the accurate shots from Caucascus.

Plasma bolts sizzled past the other brute melting a small pillar-like piece of metal. Another shot was fired but this time it did not miss. It made home on the brute’s left bicep, burning the hair and searing the muscle.

The brute growled in agony and whirled around. He lunged the nearest grunt killing it with his immense size and weight.

A charged plasma bolt impacted on one of the grunt’s chest burning away the armor and searing a hole six inches in diameter and two inches in depth. The grunt cried in pain and hit the ground.

As Caucascus hid behind a pillar he saw a grunt fly past him and hit the wall with a solid thud!

He blindly fired three more shots at the nearest grunt and was rewarded with a painful squeal.

The other brute lumbered towards the last grunt.

“ No.. No… don’t hurt me” it squeaked.

The brute laughed and flattened the grunts head with his baton. Laughing to themselves they picked up the pistols and hopped inside the Phantom.

The hangar doors opened and they flew off to wear they had landed the banshees.

They landed the drop ship and Caucascus tied one of the banshees to the drop ship.

He went back inside collected the baton he left in the whole and went back outside. He placed the baton with the other weapons in the drop ship.

Mounting his banshee the drop ship and him flew back off to the main detention facility.

As they neared the detention facility the Phantom’s three plasma turrets came to life.

“ I will wait here Caucascus while you get as many people as you can up here.” The brute said.

“ I agree” Caucascus replied as he lowered the banshee onto the roof.

He quickly disembarked retrieved the plasma pistol he had put in the banshee and headed to the elevator. He entered the elevator and pressed the down button. There was a soft hum as the elevator descended. Once he reached the bottom he concealed the pistol and walked towards Righteousness.

“ Ah our savior has returned,” Righteousness said,” how has it been?”

“ Fine, High Prophet of Righteousness” Caucascus replied. “ High Prophet we must get you and as many brutes as we can to get in the Phantom on the roof” he continued

“ You stole a Phantom,” Righteousness said,” how brave!” “ Come my people, come close to me” Righteousness said. “ “Caucascus here has stolen a drop ship and wants to take some of us away from this wretched place.” He continued. “ Caucascus will you do the honors.” Righteousness said.

Caucascus randomly chose twenty brutes and he took them up the elevator five at a time. Once he had transported everybody he took Righteousness up.

Just as elevator door closed the eating room door opened and three guards came running through the door baton in hand.

The elevator soared upwards to the roof. Once they reached the roof Caucascus and Righteousness ran to the drop ship. Strapping Righteousness safely in the Phantom he got out and went to the banshee.

Just as he reached the banshee he heard the faint hum of the elevator. Strapping in he turned the banshee to face the elevator. Just as the doors opened Caucascus opened fire with the twin plasma cannons. The bolts hit the elites, burning them to a charred crisp.

The Phantom accompanied by the lone banshee maneuvered through the different constructs jutting out of the ground.

After a while the Phantom and banshee landed a good twenty miles away from Containment Center 0013 on a small badly made landing pad.

They quickly unloaded and moved the gear in a small underground bunker.

Once situated Caucascus said, “ I believe they have your chair high prophet in the detention facility’s sub-level 07b.””I will assemble five brutes and we will infiltrate the base, retrieve the chair, and get the hell out of there.”

There was a mutter of approval and Caucascus picked five other brutes. Once chosen the brutes picked from a small collection of weapons found and collected here. Caucascus himself picked up a plasma rifle, a plasma pistol, and three plasma grenades. Satisfied they got into the Phantom.

Containment Installation 0013 loomed overhead, as the Phantom got nearer.

“ Sir my radar shows two banshees patrolling the detention facility,” the pilot said, “ what do I do?”

“ Is there anyway we can dodge them” Caucascus replied.

“ No sir” replied the pilot.

“ Hmm… well then see if u can talk your way through, if not open fire with the your plasma turrets” Caucascus said.

“ Roger that sir” the pilot replied.

The banshees finally noticed the oncoming Phantom and sent a message. ‘ Please state your serial number and reason for coming here.’

The pilot replied back, “ Serial number 113489, reason for coming: to drop off prisoners.”

A message came back almost instantly ‘ This serial number confirms the Phantom stolen by the brute rebels, please allow us to take you to a security post to check the Phantom.’

“ Roger that!” the pilot replied.

As the banshees neared the drop ship the drop ship’s turrets opened fire burning away the metal of one of the banshees and killing the pilot in the process. The other banshee tried to veer away but the turrets blew off one of its wings and it spun out of control.

The drop ship made a quick scan to see if everything was clear. Nothing showed on the radar so it proceeded to dock on one of the platforms. They disembarked and leaving one of the brutes there to guard the Phantom they moved to the door.

They walked up to the door and it silently opened. Taking out their weapons they continued to precede down the hall.

As they neared the next door it opened and three elite guards came through the doorway batons in hand. They didn’t stand a chance as the brutes opened fire with a mixture of plasma pistols and plasma rifles. The plasma bolts tore through the elites’ shields and burned bone and flesh.

They kept on going forward and went through the door.

They continued down the corridor without any problems. As they went through the next door they saw four grunts standing in a circle talking. The brutes quickly killed the grunts without a hassle.

They went to the next door and came upon a transparent door leading to a small armory room. The armory was guarded by three elites and six grunts, and there in the corner stood Righteousness’ chair.

Getting their guns ready the brutes went through the door guns blazing. The first three shots hit one of the grunts in the face killing it instantly. The elites instantly brought to bear the plasma pistols they had concealed. The elites fired and one of the brutes fell due to the seven smoking holes in his chest. Caucascus fired his rifle and the plasma bolts impacted on one of the elites shields. It flashed for a moment then went dead; the remaining bolts hit the elite square in the chest crushing his bones and searing his internal organs. The grunts still disoriented fell quickly under the plasma bolts. The two elites ducked behind the racks of weapons and occasionally fired shots over their head at the brutes. Some of the shots hit but they didn’t do much damage. Dodging ad plasma bolt Caucascus primed a grenade and threw it by one of the elites. There was a growl and a flash as the grenade exploded killing the elite and destroying the shield around the other. One of the brutes charged the position and just as the elite turned around to fire the brute brought his pistol down upon his skull. The elite crumpled to the floor.

One of the brutes picked up the chair and the other brutes collected as much weaponry as they could carry.

They went through the transparent door and tried to go through the door they had first come through, but when it opened they found eight major elites and a whole score of grunts waiting. They quickly backed away, they had to find another route.

Caucascus keyed the brute at the Phantom on the concom “ You’re gonna have to get in the Phantom and get out of here.” “ We won’t be able to follow you because the path is blocked, I believe there is another Phantom here, we’ll try to find it.”

“ Roger that sir” replied the brute on the other line.

“ This way follow me,” Caucascus said walking off in the other direction. The other brutes followed and they proceeded down the hall in the other direction.

They didn’t have to go far before they reached the hangar that held the other Phantom.

There were three grunts lounging by the drop ship talking to each other.

The brutes went through the door and hozed down the grunts with their plasma rifles.

Once done they opened the hangar, got in the drop ship and turned it on. It instantly came to life and they flew out the hangar.

“ Are you there Phantom 1” Caucascus said.

“ I’m here Phantom 2, is that you Caucascus?” the brute asked.

“ Yes it’s me, lets meet back at the base.

The brute on the other line grunted in agreement.

The Phantom quickly left the Containment Installation and headed home.

They arrived at the base and landed carefully on the rough floor. They got off and carried the new weapons and chair with them. They put the weapons in their make shift armory and handed the chair for Righteousness to sit in. He thanked him and got on testing the chair.

“ Good as new, good job Caucascus!” Righteousness said. “ What are your plans now.” He contined.

“ My next plan is the infiltrate one of the Starships orbiting the planet, after that we could control this Containment Center and free the rest!” he exclaimed.
“ I see it is a good plan, we should make preparations immediately.” Righteousness said.

“ I agree your highness” Caucascus said.

They instantly went to work and bit of armor plating to the drop ships to make them stronger and easily withstand the planets atmosphere (this took a couple of days). They also loaded all the weapons they could carry and put the on the transports. Once they were ready they boarded on the crafts.

Righteousness went to join them but Caucascus would not let him go saying it was too dangerous and they needed to secure the ship.

Since getting to work a few brutes arrived some how emboldened by Caucascus’s efforts and took residence with the rebels.

The fight force was now a bolstering thirty brutes including Caucascus. There were five more, but Caucascus had them stay and guard the high prophet.

The Phantoms hummed to life and then took of into the cool night sky. The drop ships accelerated and then they hit the atmosphere. The Phantoms shuddered but other than that everything was fine. The drop ships shook again as they left the atmosphere and entered space. Not far from where they had exited stood the only starship Punishing Confinement. As the drop ships sped towards the ship, the communications officer on board the starship hailed them. ‘ Please identify yourself.’

Not trying to give themselves away they stated the serial numbers of two other Phantoms that had not been stolen from the Containment Installation.

‘ You are cleared to come in, please dock on hangar bay 0012 C-deck.’

‘ Roger that thank you!’ said one of our pilots.

The shield covering the entrance disappeared and the two Phantoms entered the bay one right after each other. The shield/wall reappeared and several engineers came to fix some of the damage done to the Phantom.

Caucascus examined the room using the external cameras. The bay room consisted basically of engineers and about a score of grunts. Easy thought the brutes. They turned on the drop ships’ turrets, aimed and fired at the group of grunts. They didn’t even have a chance. The plasma bolts tore through the grunts splattering blood and bone all over the floor.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:47 pm

The engineers stopped for a moment then recovered and went back to work.

The brutes disembarked each of them carrying plasma rifles.

They went through one of the doors and continued down that hallway unharmed. They were about to round the corner and two minor elites rounded it first. The brutes reacted first and opened fire with their rifles. The shots hit the elites dead on and they fell to the ground purple blood splattered all over the place.

The brutes continued unscathed and went through the next door. Ahead of them was another hallway, but it was guarded by six elites and six grunts. One of the brutes primed a grenade and lobbed it into the group. It landed dead center. This surprised the group and they tried to jump out of the way. There was a loud bang and thud and six dead grunt bodies flew threw the air smacking into the walls. Not only did all the grunts die but two of the six elites were also killed; another three elites had their shields depleted. The brutes quickly mowed down those elites and moved to the next ones. The three other elites fired their plasma rifles at the oncoming brutes killing two of them. Caucascus charged one of them and hit the elite dead center. The elite doubled over in pain and his shield flickered than went out. Caucascus then brought his rifle down on the elite’s neck breaking it. The two other elites were to busy to notice and Caucascus was able to sneak up behind one and hit him in the back killing him. The other elite turned around to look but received a shot to the head killing him instantly.

Satisfied that they were all dead the brutes moved on.

They went through two more hallways and came upon the door leading into the control room.

They opened the door and went in firing. Four nearby grunts instantly fell their whole body charred.

Three nearby elites angrily growled and drew their energy swords. Before one of them could attack he received fifteen shots to the chest totally cutting him in half. The other two came forward and slashed at a nearby brute. The gashes made an eight-inch cut into their skin and the brute fell to the ground dead. Caucascus threw a grenade in a group of angry major elites. The grenade stuck to one of their heads, then exploding killing all three of them. The commander a golden elite (zealot) raised his energy sword and charged Caucascus. Caucascus, picking up a fallen elites sword, charged at him as well. They met in a clash of plasma on plasma. The commander side-stepped and brought his sword in an uppercut fashion. Caucascus dodged it and brought his sword down like an ark. The commander miraculously dodged it, but some of it did scrape his arm. The commander wildly slashed at Caucascus, missed, stumbled forward, and fell onto Caucascus’s waiting sword. It was over.
Withdrawing his sword from the commander’s chest he looked around to find four brutes dead. All of the covenant in the control room had been killed. Caucascus sent quick search and destroy teams to kill the remaining covenant on the ship. They came a total loss of five more brutes, but the ship was now clear.

Caucascus sent a message and a picture to the head of the detention facility below showing the picture of the dead elite commander. Caucascus demanded that they release all brutes and jackals and that they themselves lock each other inside.

The elites obeyed and everybody was freed.

The members of The Exiled sighed and slumped to the ground.

They had nothing to worry for the day was won and The Exiled had grown in force and confidence.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:20 pm

I know i'll prbably end up spamming like Avid said but i cnat stop in the middle of this exciting chapter . bounce So here it is guys Chapter IV! enjoy! Very Happy Smile sunny

Chapter IV: Retaliations

“ Sir,” said a grunt marching up to a golden clad elite, “ The council wishes to see you.”

“ Hmm I see, I’ll be there” muttered the elite

He walked towards one of the glowing doors marked, in the elite language, ‘Council’
. As he neared the door he saw the two honor guards posted in front.

“ Are you Noku Rotakamee?” asked one of the honor guards.

“ Yes I am.” replied Rotakamee.

The honor guard nodded and let Rotakamee pass through the door.

Upon entering the Council abruptly stopped their discussion and looked at Rotakamee.

Rotakamee walked up to a nearby podium and asked “ Council why have you summoned me?”

“ We have need of you in a very important mission.” the Supreme Chancellor replied.

“ What will you have me do Supreme Chancellor?” Rotakamee asked.

“ The Council has decided that you take a platoon of starships to The Exiled’s home world and destroy their leader!” the Supreme Chancellor exclaimed.

“ As you wish your Excellency” Rotakamee replied.

He was dismissed and he walked out the door heading to his personal Phantom on Deck D Bay 09. He got on and was driven out of the Super Carrier and to the mass of Covenant ships waiting for him on the far side of the planet Uthreaus Consultation.

His Phantom docked in the bay of one of the nearby Capitol Ships, his own ship the Glorious Flight.

He walked through the metallic doors of the control center and walked up to the raised platform where the ship’s main computer facilities were held.

“ Quiet!” thundered Rokatamee into the room and also over the COM linked to his other fifty ships of various classes.

There was a hushed silence all over the COM.

“ The Council has ordered me to take this platoon of ships to The Exiled home world.” “ There we are to take it over and kill their two leaders, the prophet and the brute!” he exclaimed

There was a cheer of approval over the COM.

Waiting till the noise quieted he announced “ All shipmasters make the coordinates for Sector Alpha Charlie, y-center zero five zero, x-center zero nine two, these are the coordinates for Containment Installation 0013.” “ At my count we will initiate the jump, this jump will last a good day from here so get prepared!” he said.

“ On my mark… three……… two… one… launch!” Rotakamee announced.

Tiny whirls of blueish light appeared all over the platoon of ships then all of a sudden they all vanished in a flash.

“ Please bring Puta Toromee to the control center” Rotakamee said to a crimson colored elite.

The elite bowed and left to call the elite called Toromee.

“ I am quite bored doing nothing,” Toromee said as if talking to the air.

All of a sudden there was the noise of the door opening and Toromee turned around his plasma pistol at hand.

The shocked major elite said “ Spec-op Commander sir the Supreme Commander would like to see you in the control room right away.”

“ I’ll be right there” replied Toromee

Donning on his helmet, leg armor, plasma rifle, and plasma sword he followed the major elite out the door and to the control room.

There was an electric swooshing sound as Toromee and the other elite entered the control center.

“ Ah Toromee it has been along time my commander.” Rotakamee said.

“ Yes it has, Supreme Commander,” replied Toromee.

“ Listen Toromee I’m putting you in charge of the ground invasion.” Rotakamee said.

“ Me… why me, its such an honor!” Toromee said bewilderedly.

“ Yes I have looked over some of the other elites but I have chosen you.” Rotakamee said. “ You’re to collect all the troops and make preparations to land on the planet.” “ Once there I want you to seek out the leader or leaders and kill them!” “ I will take care of the platoon up here.” “ I suspect they will try to amass their own fleet to attack me with.”

“ It would be and honor” Toromee replied.

“ Good then make the preparations, we have sixteen hours till we exit slip space.” Rotakamee said.

“ Yes sir!” Toromee said enthusiastically

There was a steady hum of a mechanical drone zipping through the air as it headed towards The Exiled’s main HAC ship (Heavy Artillery Capitol ship).

As it neared the ship one of the ship’s bays designed for the drone opened up and the little bee-like robot entered.

It soared through the different conduits eventually coming upon the one leading to the control center. It exited the conduit in the control room and went straight for the main console station in the middle of the room.

It plugged itself into one of the drone interface ports and started sending messages and pictures scrolling across the screen.

Righteousness and Caucascus turned to the screen looking at it intently.

‘ Three Light years away from the Orgious Pillar system exactly 17 hours from Containment Installation 0013.’ A couple of pictures of an enormous group of covenant starships appeared after that. It than said ‘ An expected platoon of covenant starships lead by supreme commander Noku rotakamee en route to this facility.’

The message ended.

“ Damn!” muttered Caucascus.

“ Don’t worry about it Caucascus, we have survived many space battles and we can survive this one as well.” Righteousness said calmly. “ The only thing we have to do is muster the squadron of starships we have posted here and call upon the battalion of starships that are spread in the different systems around here.” Righteous added.

“ I see I’ll send out a message to all the ships we have to get here ASAP!” Caucascus exclaimed.

He went to one of the controls and went to work submitting the message. After a good ten minutes he walked away from the console and said “ I have sent the message and have received some replies of at least three patrols of starships being here in a matter of at least an hour and a half.”

“ Good Caucascus, I want you to lead the battle going on the ground.” Righteousness said.

“ Yes, your Excellency, I’ll make preparations right away” Caucascus replied.
He nodded to Righteousness and walked out of the control room heading to one of the bays where the Phantoms were located.

He picked up a brute shot, a full rack of ammo for it, a plasma rifle, and four plasma grenades.

Once he collected his weapons he boarded one of the Phantoms and it transported him down to the planet below.

He reached the main base to find already a good eight hundred brutes and about three hundred jackals waiting for him. He needed order.

He started to assign temporary positions to different brutes and had them take a platoon of brutes and a score of jackals each.

The end of the proceedings left him with one hundred brutes and forty jackals at his disposal to protect the main base area.

He quickly set up five four-manned jackal fire teams in small bunkers made by digging the dirt out and hiding in them. That left him with a score of jackals behind the fire teams. He then dispersed a platoon of brutes on ghosts to help build up a rapid-fire response team.

He then took half of a score of the fifty brutes he had left and put them in the heavy armor division consisting of the huge metallic wraiths. He then dispersed another half of a score of brutes to bring in air support with the banshees. All in all he was left with thirty brutes and twenty jackals to just stand around and charge if need be.

“ Sir we are nearing the destination!” an elite in blue armor said to Rotakamee.

“ Good send the signal to all the ships in the platoon, once we reach there we will drop all military personel to the surface of the planet and the rest of us will engage the enemy” Rotakamee replied.

“ Roger that sir!” the elite replied sending the messages to the other starships.

“ Ship report!” Righteousness demanded.

“ Sir right now we have a score and a half of starships, two carriers, and one refit and repair ship.” one of the elite officers replied.

Righteousness sent a transmission to Caucascus reading “ What is the soldier report down there.”

“ Caucascus instantly replied “ Our forces have been bolstered by some six hundred more brutes and another eight hundred more jackals, the troops have been distributed accordingly.”

“ Sir we’re picking up slip space readings!” an elite warned

“ Roger that, all ships prepare for battle!” Righteousness exclaimed

There was a flash of light and Rotakamee’s platoon of starships exited slip space and started its decent to the planet below.

Phantoms poured out of the ships followed by banshees and other various materials.

Toromee was on one of the Phantoms along with the other fifteen spec-ops elites and fifteen spec-ops and gunner grunts he had chosen.

They descended through the atmosphere and after a brief shudder landed a good twenty-six kilometers from The Exiled’s main base.

On board The Glorious Flight Rotakamee prepared his ship for battle warming up the eight plasma cannons on his ship.

“ Fire at the nearest enemy starship!” Rotakamee declared.

Three beams of reddish plasma flew from the ships cannons and came in contact with one of the enemy’s ships. The first plasma bolt struck the shield almost destroying it entirely; the second bolt destroyed the shield and made a gapping hole in the ship, while the last bolt totally finished it off bisecting the ship in two.

Rotakamee saw from the cameras on his ship that another three enemy starships had also been destroyed and they hadn’t even sustained a hit.

The tables turned in that instant as four starships amazingly unnoticed had appeared under the fleet causing immense damage as the ships fired all six of their cannons at the platoon of ships above. Before they could react eight starships went down each of them either destroyed by the big holes in their midsection of that the fact that the ship had been split in two.

Trying to regain his control Rotakamee set a series of orders in order to move a score of starships there to intercept the enemy ships.

The twenty ships moved splitting into two groups of ten and coming at the four ships in a pincer movement.

Red beams lanced out from the score of ships totally obliterating the four ships standing there.

“ I want a firing solution on that squadron of starships on the right fore-flank!” Righteousness said.

“ Calculating… done sending solution now!” exclaimed an elite officer.

The ship The Benevolent Righteousness opened fire with its colossal fifteen plasma cannons. The bolts sped out like angry hornets. They impacted upon the hulls of the six ships setting their hull on fire and burning the ships and the people inside alive.

“ Damn!” Rotakamee cursed. “ We have more ships we should be able to beat them!” “ I want a whole patrol of starships to concentrate on the area where the HAC Ship, it’s probably the leader’s ship.”

Nine nearby starships turned their attention to the right portion of the enemy’s army of ships. Their cannons pulsed with plasma and then with a flash the bolts of plasma jettisoned out of the barrels they were contained in. They impacted upon three of the enemy starships just as four of their own starships were destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Toromee collected a battalion of troops consisting of two score elites, a score and a quarter of grunts, and half a score of hunters. They moved forward walking through the desolate land before them.

All of a sudden there was a sound of banshees and a squad of them flew straight towards the battalion. Plasma bolts fired from the banshees hit the battalion killing five grunts and two elites. One of the hunter’s arm plasma cannon glowed and then discharged the sickly green plasma bolt at one of the banshees.

It hit the banshee on its right wing destroying the wing and half of the cockpit. The banshees tumbled out of control and landed thirty meters to the right of the battalion.

“ I want everybody to get into formation Alpha Setti,” roared Toromee. The grunts instantly moved to the forefront, elites in the middle, and hunters on the sides and back.

“ We won’t be getting wraiths, ghosts, or banshees till later on so don’t rush at the enemy!” Toromee said.

The battalion moved on forward undisturbed.

As they crossed another hill they were met with an onslaught of plasma fire.

Jackal fire teams fired their plasma pistols while the brutes behind them fired their plasma rifles along with a stolen shade.

Plasma bolts tore through the grunts ranks killing ten of them.

Instantly the elites fired their plasma rifles. The bolts did nothing though do to the walls of energy shields protecting the jackals and the brutes behind them.

Six hunters moved forward the arm cannon glowing. The cannons fired. Three green plasma bolts impacted upon a group of shielded jackals, overriding their shields and killing six jackals and the two brutes behind them. The other three bolts hit a trio of brutes sending them flying away, while the other two bolts hit the shade, blowing it up and killing the gunner.

The remaining grunts rushed forward with their plasma pistols firing. One of the grunts stopped primed a grenade and threw it over a three-manned jackal firing team.

The jackals turned around surprised, their shields turning with them, and were shot in the back by the waiting grunts.

Four more huge green plasma bolts from the hunters were fired; mangling the bodies of the eight brutes they were fired at.

The elites mad short work of the rest of the jackals and few brutes. They collected fallen weapons and moved onto the main base.

“ Make another firing solution for the six starships on the right flank!” demanded Righteousness.

The firing solutions were set and fifteen beams of plasma along with the modified five plasma mortars were fired at the six starships.

The fifteen plasma beams easily destroyed them and the other five mortars ell on the ships below destroying three of them.

“ Sir we are getting slip space ruptures on our side of the field!” exclaimed a brute tech officer.

“ Have a squad of starships check it out!” Righteousness replied.

“ Slip space ruptures are confirmed and the ships seem to be for us sir,” replied the tech officer.

“ How many did we get and what are they?” asked Righteousness.

“ Ten starships, seven carriers, and five RARS” the officer replied.

“ What do we have here?” demanded Rotakamee.

“ It seems the enemy has gained a total of fifteen reinforcements,” replied an elite officer.

“ Damn” Rotakamee muttered.

Three more of the enemy’s ships blew up as a squadron of plasma bolts impacted against their hulls.

Even with the damage being done the enemy force seemed to be getting larger and larger and their force seemed to be getting smaller and smaller.

“ Sir we have sighted the enemy troops!” a brute said to Caucascus.

“ Good, prepare the troops for battle!” Caucascus ordered.

“ Sir, we have neared the enemy base, what shall we do?” an elite asked.

“ What do you think we shall do, we shall fight and march to glorious victory!” replied Toromee enthusiastically.

They covered the last stretch of ground quite quickly and opened fire at the encamped brutes and jackals.

The jackals quickly hid behind their shields as the plasma bolts harmlessly splashed against their shields.

“ Damn shields!” muttered Toromee. “ Bring forth the hunters to deal with them.

Ten hunters moved forward their cannon glowing. They fired and the sickly green plasma bolts rushed forward hitting a barricade of twenty jackals sending the jackals flying in different directions, their bodies deformed.

There was a steady hum and a cloud of smoke coming from the right of the battalion.

“ What is that?” asked Toromee. Then he realized exactly what it was it was two platoons of ghosts.

The ghosts drove into the midst of elites guns blazing. The plasma easily tore through the elites shielding, melted the armor, and shredded the flesh underneath it.

It was by mere luck that a Covenant starship had successfully reached the planet and was docking reinforcements right behind them.

Toromee saw the ship and laughed. “ Now with the reinforcements we are sure to win this match!” he chuckled.

Four hundred elites were deployed, along with six hundred grunts, one hundred hunters, fifty wraiths, seventy-five banshees, and two hundred ghosts.

The Exiled were in trouble now!

Toromee retreated in order to let the reinforcements go first.

Mortars flew as the enemy tried to stop the flow of Covenant coming at them. Elites and grunts scrambled out of the way trying to dodge them but some were unfortunate enough not to be able to dodge them and they were instantly vaporized by the mortar’s plasma.

The enemy ghosts continued at the oncoming wave of elites and grunts peppering them with plasma fire.

Five elites jumped at one of the nearby ghosts hijacking it and killing the rider with the ghost’s plasma turrets.

The Covenant banshees started to take off and they flew towards the brute’s base.

“ I want those banshees out of the sky!” Caucascus roared.
Brutes ran about jumping on shades and collecting fuel rod cannons. They quickly set up a firing team consisting of brutes holding fuel rod cannons and as the banshees neared they opened fire.

Big green balls of plasma launched at the oncoming banshees. Four of them were hit directly in the nose and the metal burned away and in the process burning away the elite inside’s face. The four banshees plummeted to the ground and exploded. Fourteen more banshees were hit in the wing and they tumbled out of control crashing into the hard ground.

“ I want you to target that starship hovering over our home base and destroy it!” ordered Righteousness.

“ Yes sir, firing solution ready, firing on your mark.” replied a weapons officer.

“ Fire!” declared Righteousness.

Six bolts of plasma shot forth from The Benevolent Righteousness and impacted upon the hovering starship. The starships instantly blossomed as the engine inside blew up and blue fire burst forth from the ship.

“ What the hell just happened?!?” demanded Toromee as the ship behind him blew up and pieces of metal starting raining down upon him.

I guess he would never know as a flying piece of metal fell piercing him through the lungs killing him instantly.

The Covenant below instantly went into mass chaos as pieces of the ship fell destroying wraiths, banshees, ghosts, and killing the Covenant warriors.

The brutes rejoiced and they quickly overran the bewildered Covenant warrior remaining.

“ What just happened down there?” Demanded Rotakamee.

“ We have received reports that the ship docking there blew up, it seems that our ground invasion force was all destroyed.” The officer said cautiously.

“ What the whole entire ground force destroyed, that’s not possible!” Rotakamee exclaimed.

“ Sorry sir it’s true,” the officer said sullenly.

“ Arghhhhh, Damn!” Rotakamee roared angrily. “ Lets destroy these infidels and then glass the planet.”

“ Aye aye sir!” the officers replied in unison.

While the battle was raging on the ground The Exiled forces had received twenty more ships to bolster their forces with, but they had also lost twenty-five more ships. The Covenant had also suffered with a loss of fifteen ships.

Beams of red and blue light were traded back and forth as the plasma bolts impacted on either sides ships.

“I want you to get a firing solution on their main capitol ship!” demanded Righteousness.

“ Yes sir, firing solution acquired, ready to fire!” said a brute captain.

“ Fire!” exclaimed Righteousness

Fifteen plasma bolts arced through space in perfect graceful beauty. All fifteen bolts impacted upon the capitol ship turning it into a tiny sun.

Rotakamee saw the plasma bolts, but there was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. They swam towards him like angry sharks. ‘ So this is how it will end’ he thought. He saw them get closer and then he saw a bright light and saw no more.

‘It was over’ thought Righteousness. They had finally defeated the Covenant platoon of ships.

Righteousness was tired, the Covenant threat was over for now, and there was nothing to worry about. He did not foresee the danger to come, as The Exiled would travel through the world to free their brethren and clear the path for ultimate salvation.
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Admin
Admin
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:28 pm

theres no such thing as spamming on your own thread Wink
but promoting your story on every single other thread is spamming Very Happy
Keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:58 pm

u read the whole thing alrdy! the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Admin
Admin
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 7:04 pm

it was just the last section, im a fast reader
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:21 pm

dude does anyone actually like my chapter IV?!?
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Admin
Admin
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 pm

there are only 10 members, chill
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 10:23 pm

no but on HW and HWS noone has really posted

i'll cheer up! LOL bounce Very Happy Razz santa

see! farao lol!
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Update!

Not that it really matters lol! Sad Smile

So far my book is 65 pages typed from beginning to know..... not bad i say

I am probably about 1/4 or maybe 2/5 of the way through Chapter I of Section II Part I hehe lol

Thats about 13 pages typed right now lol

Well thats it for the Update hehe lol! Smile
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 8:45 pm

You know what i think i am gonna start posting weekly updates for u guys if u just wanna check it how im doin so far....

Weekly Update I!

Sadly i had to go to my brother's State History Fair, which isnt bad dont get me wrong lol, but i wasnt able to write much so....

So far my book is now 67 pages! yay! ( not much compared to Avid's lol)

Which means my chapter is about 15 pages right now.....

I expect to have quite alot more pages in the chapter so i'm gonna give a random number of pages that i expect at the least the chapter should have... so if u want u cna count with my updates... i might change the number, it depends.... Well i think that is it for now thanks yall! Very Happy Razz

edit; stupid me i didnt even say the number well.... drumroll..... the lucky number is...

25 pages

from now on i will show it like this

15 pages of 25 pages done!
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Truth26
Albino Grunt Major
Prophet of Truth26

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 pm

Here is a quote stated by Field Master Mork Zoramee "The time for peace is for later, the time for war is soon, but the time to glorious salvation is now!"

its kinda sounds weird but i think its pretty cool....

The quote will be in my story........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Aftermath   Halo: The Aftermath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: The Aftermath
Page 1 of 1